Lemon Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- 2 lb Brussel Sprouts
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 3 tbsp gruyere, grated
- sea salt
- Clean the brussel sprouts by trimming off the ends and peeling the outer layer of the sprout off. Cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Once heated, add the halved brussel sprouts to the pan and saute for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized brown and the inside is soft and fully cooked.
- Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasoning if needed. Add the cheese on top and serve.